Monday, February 26, 2007

Last night's Rock It! was better than any we have had in a while, still not really successful but a good time nonetheless. I think that I am still going to keep doing it at the Grad, but I really want more of a positive response from people. Part of being a DJ is receiving validation from those around you and when people don't show up it has the opposite effect. Nix and I are doing our monthly at Delta of Venus on Friday, so that should be a pretty chill time. The vibe at Delta is so much different, and I think most of that has to do with size. It is much easier to receive the validation I mentioned when people are in your face and the spot looks packed.

That being said, the most exciting thing about the coming week is that Kai finally comes home on Thurs, it has been such a long time since I have seen her and I miss her so much. I am a little bummed that I won't be able to meet her at the airport, but I have to work and she will probably be back in Davis around when I get off. I know that she is going to be jetlagged, but there is a show at Delta that night she would probably like and then Axel F on friday, so I hope she is prepared for a whirlwind of activity. So many people have asked about her and are excited to see her return, I think she is going to be a little overwhelmed.

Well, I've got a Hong Kong action movie to watch and a deck to build, so I am going to enjoy my rainy Monday.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger absinthedreams said...

hi jordan, it's michelle, kai's friend.

i wish you luck with rock it, it takes time to build an empire, i hope you keep having fun.

please give kaileah a great big hug for me. i miss her alot. at one point i had a dream and you two were in it =) anyway, i just wanted to say hello!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home