Wednesday, February 28, 2007

It was nice to actually get some weather in Davis over the past couple of days. The month of January was very surreal, no rain at all and parts of the month seemed like the middle of April. I like the weather in the middle of April, but I am also a big fan of months where you can tell what season it is. That was one thing about growing up in SC, I never really had the experience of winter settling in, unless it was when we were travelling. And because my family was not big on the wintersports, I never really experienced real honest winter. That lack makes me want to live somewhere with miserable weather in winter, even though I am not that big a fan of the cold. Maybe I should move to Antarctica?

Last night I watched Over the Hedge with Pete and Jesse, this was the third or fourth animated kids movie that I have watched in the last few months, which is a number that is way up from previous years. And it is sorta surprising to me how much I have enjoyed each and every one of these movies. I can't figure out whether my animated movie drought came from a lack of quality films out there, or if I am somehow more receptive to them now than I was a couple of years ago. I can't think of any changes in my life that would make me more invested in these kind of movies, although Jesse says that the word on the street is that I am nicer these days.

I always have this problem with Wednesdays, they are the start of my week, and so I dread getting moving and headed down to my radio show because that will mean that the work week has finally begun. I feel like if I am just staying in my house then the week is put off for a few more minutes, this usually results in me rushing down to the station at the last minute to prep for my show.

Kai is supposed to arrive back in Davis tomorrow which is going to be very overwhelming for her, but I think for me a little bit as well. I haven't seen her in so long and I know I am going to try to cram several months in to this weekend, but I imagine she will be crazy tired and jetlagged, so I think it will be a little bit of a struggle. At the very least there is Katie's show tomorrow night and Axel F on Friday, both of which I think Kai would really enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home