Tuesday, December 20, 2005

My last post came at a particulary bad time. I have since started feeling a little better about myself although, my overall mood would be considered slightly depressed. This is strange for me because winter has always been my favorite season and I do not usually get sad when it rolls around. But for some reason this year is different.

This past week can be summed up simply as confusing. There have been some monumental lows (which I am going to decline to talk about) and some amazing news, all within the span of the last five or so days. I am going in to meet with the Grad tomorrow to talk to them about the upcoming Rock It! and the possibility of starting to do that twice a month. Which is essentially as often as I would ever want to do that event, I don't think that Davis can support a weekly event at this point in time, maybe if Rock It! builds up to a really solid, concrete level we could think about it, but right now twice a month is all I could ask for. I am also going in to talk to the Grad about possibly spinning a set on some of their other nights, we I was asked about this, I was completely blown away. I don't really consider myself a DJ at this point, I just think I have a good idea of what people want to hear and when. And it is a big leap for me to go from DJ-ing the fairly modest indie rock dance night that I also promote, to doing a set at one of the Grad's 18+ dance nights which regularly attract 300-500 people over the course of the night.
We will see how thursday goes.

2 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger The Sensualist said...

you rule.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger The Sensualist said...

we are gonna have to have a heart-to-heart soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home