Friday, December 09, 2005

This past weekend was jam-packed with activities, and now it is Friday night again, and I am planning on sitting in my room and watching The Great Escape, because quite frankly Steve McQueen is the shit. However much I want to go out and go to parties/socialize sometimes it is nice to just have some time to myself.

The Rundown:
Friday Night - Jesse, Kat, and I went to see the Devil Makes Three at GAMH, this was a very good night for several reasons. First, because Jesse did not flake at the last minute. Second, because I love the DM3 and no matter how jaded I get about other live shows they will always entertain me and make me feel good. Third, I got to see a bunch of people that I have not seen for quite awhile, Dan S., Luke, Davey, Siobahn all showed up at the show. This was pretty rad, I love all those kids and wish that I could see them more, we talked a little bit about them all coming to Davis, but that likliehood is very low. Kai came back up to Davis with us and spent the remainder of the weekend with me.

Saturday - Kai and I went and had breakfast at Delta, and then she took my car to Sac as I went to work. we met up after work to go to Jesse's house because he was having a few friends over. There were some people there that I don't get to hang out with much, and so hanging out with them was very nice.

Sunday - Kai and I went to Little Prague for breakfast, which was a nice change from Delta. I spent most of the day in a stressed out frenzy and I am amazed that Kai, Jesse and Kat were able to put up with me. Both times I have DJ-ed thus far I have gotten really stressed and irratable before the actual event. The night itself turned out great, I started DJ-ing a little before 10 and although people didn't really start dancing till around 1030 by 1130 there was a solid crowd on the dancefloor. I felt that my DJ-ing was a lot better, my transitions were smoother, and I didn't really ever feel frantic. As usual the silly requests started to annoy me a bit, but that is just something that I am going to have to get used to. The aftermath of the night was that overall about 25 more people showed up, which made for not an excellent turnout, but a very good one. The other thing that I am going to have to get used to is who shows up and who doesn't. People who are supposedly really good friends of mine have never come to one of my nights, while people I only know casually have made time in their schedules to show support. The people who show up I really respect, it is all too easy to make excuses not to come out, and showing up after telling someone that you will is harder than it seems.

It looks like Jan. 8th will be the next night, which will be awesome, because it is on a sunday night (which I prefer) and it is early in the quarter, so school should not matter that much. I really want this one to just explode, it would be great to totally stun the Grad with an amazing night.

Alright, Steve McQueen time for you to take on those Nazis

1 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger The Sensualist said...

GO STEVE!


Jord you should see "get Carter". Totally a harsh movie...the old one with Michael Caine I mean.

I had such a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home