Sunday, March 04, 2007

I spun music at the Delta of Venus on Friday, and while it is definitely not Rock It it is kinda a nice little event. Although there is certainly an emphasis on the little part, this is the 3rd month in a row and no one time has drawn more than about 30-40 people. Which is kinda strange to me because the event is free, all ages, on a weekend night and at Delta which pretty much covers all of the beefs that people have with Rock It. However, I like DJ-ing at Delta because there is no real pressure about attendence, any time that I DJ at the Grad I field constant questions from the staff about whether people are going to show up. Whereas when I DJ at Delta, I show up, chat with Lee for a bit, and from then on it is up to me and Nix.

Kai has returned from Antarctica, and it is amazing to me how much I realized that I missed her when I first saw her again. I had thought consciously about missing her while she was away, but it too her returning for it to hit me. And although I have not seen him yet, Mykle is back too. The addition of those two people has now made Davis 100% more amenable to me. I still have no desire to be here for that much longer, but with my sister living in the same town I can certainly enjoy it for a little while longer.

We are having a wine and dessert party at my house tonight (which means that anyone who reads this is of course invited) which I am going to have to show up fashionably late to because I have work until 8:30. This is the first real, planned party that has gone on while I have lived in this house and so it should be pretty fun. I can't say that I wholeheartedly agree with the theme because I am not really a fan of dessert. Aside from maybe a little ice cream here and there and then a slice of pie (not cake, never cake) on a birthday, I never eat any dessert foods. Although I do concede the point on cookies, but I don't really consider them a dessert, they seem more like a snack food to me.

I have been having this really bad habit of falling asleep watching movies recently, which I am usually pretty good about, but for some reason lately I keep missing parts of the movie. And then, if they are from Netflix I have to weigh the pros and cons of holding on to the movie longer to re-watch it all the way through, or just returning it so I can get something new. Thus far it is about a 50/50 split but after i fell asleep watching the Protector last night I think the scales lean towards holding on to it (although the fact that today is Sunday and the mail won't get picked up till tomorrow anyway, has something to do with it).

The first night that Kai was back we went and watched Babel at Chris and Jess's house, and I must say, I was not really impressed by it. Sure, it was a beautiful movie but I never really got invested in any of the characters. To some extent I cared about the little boys, but I had no interest in the deaf mute's storyline and only a rudimentary one in Brad Pitt's. Wes at the comic shop offered me a free pass to go see the 300 at the preview screening, but it is one of those screenings where they give out way more passes than there are seats and so you have to get there pretty early to get in. So now I have to decide whether I want to go to Sac and get a chance to see the movie early, or whether I am content to just wait for it like everyone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home