Saturday, July 08, 2006

I have been on a brief hiatus from posting as well as DJ-ing mainly because all my time has been spent watching the world cup (the only time every four years that I am really into sports). But the DJ-ing will start back up this tuesday at the new night that I am doing with Nix aka Mr. Glass, we did one two weeks ago that went decently for our first time but I would really like it if this night became pretty consistent. It is going to be weekly for the rest of the summer which should help bring people out a bit more. Rock It will be happening on the 23rd and 30th this month and then the next one will be the 13th of August which is going to be sorta like my birthday celebration, I am going to get guest DJs to do most of the work while I spend my time dancing and hanging out, I hope it works out well.

I did my first radio show on KDVS last week after a long break and me forgetting the first week that I was scheduled. But with all that in mind, I thought my show went well, I played a total hodge-podge of what I consider to be my summer music. The fist half was all country/folk/singer-songwriter stuff and then I abruptly transitioned to instrumental hip hop, some soul-ish stuff and ended with a few dancey tracks. I did get an email and a call saying people liked my show though, so I will probably keep playing similar-ish stuff. Whenever it starts getting hot I have to listen to country and this year Slim Cessna's Auto Club, Midlake, Caitlin Cary, Sixteen Horsepower and as always the Devil Makes Three are the bands that have been grabbing my attention.

On the more dancey side of things I really like the Hot Chip release, MSTRKRFT bummed me out by pushing back their release and everything I have heard from the forthcoming Rapture release sounds fantastic.

1 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger brian said...

Hey Jordan, I was indeed in Armadillo with the fam. And yep, my sis bought Phoenix. I thought about that right after, that the person behind the counter might have been you. I'll remember to say hi next time! Anything good going on musically around here in Davisville?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home